Symphony Village Residents,
The Board of Directors unanimously approved and adopted the Interim Rules and Regulations for Use of the Clubhouse, Pools/Spa and Amenities listed below via electronic vote on June 26, 2020 in preparation for the Clubhouse reopening. The Interim Rules and Regulations may be viewed below or by clicking here.
At this time, all residents will be asked to enter at the main entrance of the Clubhouse and sign in and out for contact tracing. Residents using the outdoor pool and indoor pool/spa, when opened, may sign in and out at the gates.
Upon arrival at the Clubhouse or pools/spa, residents will be asked to pick up a pink ribbon, available at the table when signing in. The ribbon is to be secured to the piece of furniture and/or equipment selected for use, including but not limited to: exercise equipment, chairs, pool cues and pool furniture. When tying/securing the ribbon, please try and do so loosely.
Whenever possible, prior to and following mid-day cleaning, maintenance staff will sanitize that furniture and remove the ribbon. This will assist residents in identifying which furniture pieces have been used and require disinfecting.
As you may be aware, the Clubhouse is tentatively scheduled to open on Wednesday, July 1st at 9:00 a.m. The initial hours will be as follows:
Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The indoor pool/spa hours will correspond with the current outdoor pool and locker room hours. Residents will be asked to leave all other areas of the Clubhouse from 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on a daily basis so a second cleaning/sanitation can be completed.
Please note that the Clubhouse hours will be regularly and continuously evaluated by the Board and are subject to change as Symphony Village continues to adapt.
Finally, please note that the Clubhouse hours and Interim Rules and Regulations, including guest restrictions, shall be in effect at all times, including holidays such as Independence Day.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding,
Symphony Village HOA Management
Interim Rules and Regulations
for Use of the Clubhouse, Pools/Spa and Amenities
June 26, 2020
The following interim rules and regulations are established in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and correlating governmental guidance and requirements. These rules and regulations are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Directors and additional governmental guidance as it becomes available. These rules and regulations do not negate applicable Symphony Village Rules and Regulations previously adopted by the Board of Directors.
- The Clubhouse and pools/spa will be open with limited hours as determined by the Board of Directors. The hours will be reevaluated regularly and are subject to change as additional logistical information and governmental guidance become available.
- Cleaning/sanitizing of high touch surfaces and used furniture/equipment will be completed no less than twice a day or more frequently depending on usage. Cleaning/sanitizing will take place prior to opening and during a 30-minute break at which time residents will be required to leave all areas of the Clubhouse with the exception of the indoor and outdoor pools and locker rooms. The indoor and outdoor pools and locker rooms will be cleaned/sanitized during a 30-minute break immediately following.
- The maximum occupancy for the Clubhouse and pool areas are as follows:
Outdoor Pool and Deck Area 50 persons
Indoor Pool Area 17 persons
Fitness Center 6 persons
Conference Room 2 persons
Bar Area 6 persons
Billiards Room 6 persons
Card Room 24 persons (Maximum of 4 per table)
Craft Room 6 persons
Concert Hall 73 persons (Maximum of 4 per table)
- Residents will be required to sign in and out of the pool areas and the Clubhouse in accordance with governmental requirements and guidelines for contact tracing.
- Residents will be asked to mark furniture and/or equipment used with a pink ribbon in the Clubhouse and pool areas in order to facilitate cleaning/sanitation procedures.
- Gathering sizes shall be limited in accordance with guidance provided by State of Maryland, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and applicable Local Orders.
- All residents, with the exception of those from the same household, are not to use pieces of equipment in the fitness center that are adjacent to one another. Please be considerate of others and limit use to one (1) hour.
- Use of the pools, Clubhouse and amenities will be limited to Symphony Village residents only, pending further governmental guidance. Guests, including extended family, are not to use the pools, Clubhouse or amenities.
- Signage will be posted in and around the pool areas and Clubhouse in accordance with governmental requirements and guidelines.
- Residents will be required to wear face coverings in the Clubhouse at all times, in accordance with State of Maryland and CDC guidelines. The use of face coverings on the outdoor pool deck is recommended but not required unless you are interacting with staff. Face coverings are not to be worn in the water.
- Staff will wear face coverings when interacting with residents.
- If an in-person meeting with Management is needed, residents will be required to make an appointment within normal business hours in order to maintain safe social distancing.
- No person shall use the outdoor pool, Clubhouse or amenities if they have any symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pains, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell, or if any individual in that person’s household has symptoms of COVID-19. For the most current information and symptoms visit www.cdc.gov.
- Residents must sign and submit the Agreement for Use of the Clubhouse and Pool Facilities waiver to Management prior to using the outdoor pool area and clubhouse.
- All residents on the pool deck, in the pools or spa and in the Clubhouse are to be six feet apart except for members of the same household in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
- Furniture on the pool decks and in the Clubhouse is not to be reconfigured by residents.
- All stored pool furniture must remain in place.
- Symphony Village will not supply pool noodles for use. Residents may bring their own.
- All residents must shower before using the pool.
- Residents are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water for a least 20 seconds frequently.
- Residents must adhere to all applicable Symphony Village Rules and Regulations previously adopted by the Board of Directors.
- The Board reserves the right to suspend a resident’s access to the Clubhouse and amenities if they do not comply with social distancing and/or face covering requirements or similar regulations.
- The Board reserves the right to close the outdoor pool and Clubhouse in the event a person that accessed these areas tests positive for COVID-19. The community will be notified but that person’s information will not be released. Residents will be asked to self-quarantine and advise Management if they or someone they have been in contact with tests positive for COVID-19.
- Every person in the facilities shall adhere to the guidelines and recommendations of the State of Maryland and the CDC on the prevention of COVID-19 infection.
- The Association cannot guarantee all areas will be free of COVID-19. Residents will be responsible for assessing their risk and deciding whether it is in their best interest to visit the Clubhouse and other amenities.